Thursday, April 17, 2008

Anyone for a round of the "Hallelujah Chorus"?

Friday, May 2 will be my last day at my job.

I was never so happy to go to work as on this past Tuesday with a letter of resignation in my hands. My supervisor about dropped her teeth when she found it on her desk. After 8 1/2 years at Blue Cross, it was time to go.

During a meeting on Monday, my supervisor was discussing with me the fact that my work had been below the standard I set for myself for quite some time. She was right, it hasn't, but I have remained depressed, anxious and distracted by the events that happened in December. I tried to explain this to her, as well as telling her all the steps that I am taking to make it better. At that point, she very calmly looked at me and said, "what happened to you in december is no excuse for your sub-par performance". It took every ounce of self-control I could muster to not reach across the table and rip her face off. After much discussion and research about the options, we decided that as of May 2, I will stay at home with my kids.

I am still actively applying for teaching jobs, and last I checked there are a record number, 5 music jobs available in Wake county right now. The Wake County teacher job fair is on Saturday and I will be there, at 6 a.m. with bells on. Last year I got there at about 6:45 and was number 135 or so in line. I will be there at 6. Anyone that gets there earlier than that deserves to be ahead of me.

1 comment:

Shari said...

God will provide for you and lead you to where you need to be. It may be working in a location readily identified with him, or it may be elsewhere where you can spread His love to others that do not seek it. Stress is everywhere, but intense at BCBS--I was glad to remove it from my life.

Love ya, Mom