Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ummmmm....remember me?!?!

Okay--well, I'm just pathetic, but have you ever tried to keep up with a blog with 3 kids under 6? So--Not long after my last post, 8 days to be exact, I had either a horrible reaction to the heparing I had to change to at the end of the pregnancy, or a really bad reaction to my blood pressure going up. I felt like my head was in a vice, and had to go to the hospital to get checked. While I was there, Ella's heart rate dropped a couple of times, and the doctors decided that it was time for her to be born. She came squeaking into this world at a tiny 4 lbs, 10 oz and 17" long. I had never seen a baby so small, and trust me I freaked out! She had to go to the nursery for 4 hours to have everything checked out, but since she was doing well, maintaining her temperature and eating okay, she could then room in with me for hte remainder of our stay. She came home with us on day 3 at 4 lbs 7 oz. We had a lot of struggles at first, all of her clothes fell off of her, she wasn't gaining weight and was not a fan of nursing, AT ALL!! She didn't really get to gaining weight until she was about 2 months old or so. She is now 13 months old and still only 19 pounds, 10 oz. Justin and Ada are as crazy as ever...and reading back through this blog I was reminded of some very sweet stories that I had forgotten about over time. I will do my best to start keeping up better and maybe doing weekly blog updates.

Krista

No comments: