Sunday, December 23, 2007

Henry James

Hey everyone. I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that we are doing okay---not any better than that really. We had Henry's memorial service yesterday, and while beautiful, it was also heart-wrenching!! I am posting a poem that I found online last night that took my breath away it was so beautiful....
Since heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel that I'm alone;
And though we now are far apart
You hold a big piece of my heart
I never knew how much I'd grieve
When it was time for you to leave
Or just how much my heart would ache
From that one fragment you would take
God let this tiny hole remain,
Reminding me we'd meet again
And one day all the pain will cease
When He restores this missing piece
For Jesus heals each tiny part
That holds your memory in my heart

We have received numerous plants and things that will bloom forever if my black thumb doesn't take over. 2 of our neighbors bought us an azalea bush in henry's honor, and our dear friends Eric and Kendra sent us a beautiful rose bush as well. My aunt will be buying us whatever we wish in his honor as well, and I think I want a white Natchez Crepe myrtle. They bloom full and beautiful and have a wonderful sweet smell to them. I have also found a beautiful garden monument to put in that garden that is a baby laying on angel's wings. It will be Henry's memorial garden! I just hope I don't kill everything in it---I'm not the best at growing plants, etc.

I want to take a second to thank everyone for the care, thought, prayers and food everyone has provided to us. We really feel as though we have been lifted up and taken care of in the last week. I am on the ment physically---just not mentally yet.

I want to wish every single person a wonderful Christmas holiday with family, and a happy new year!!

KRista

No comments: