Monday, March 3, 2008

In Memory of Henry

I know that most of you are here in NC and already know these things, but I wanted to share with the folks who live elsewhere. Barney has done a few things for me, and I for myself, in honor of Henry.

First--We have his urn, as well as the candle from the memorial service flowers. My sister, Kara also gave me a small porcelain figurine of a man and woman kneeling in prayer. The director of Justin's pre-school gave me a "Willow Tree" figurine that is called the Angel of Healing, and unkowingly, I had ordered an angel tealight holder. We have placed all of these things on one of the shelves in our living room. I will take a picture in the near future to post here as well.

Also, Barney bought me a blue topaz and diamond ring to wear with my wedding band each day. Henry's Birthstone, and thus Barney's too, is Blue topaz.

Finally--I chose to get a tattoo on my ankle in memory of our little angel. Some of you may remember that I posted a poem back in January that really touched me. Based on that poem I designed a tattoo that is a heart, with a tear-drop shape missing out of it and the heart has angel's wings. I am posting links to both.

Krista
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/kristasjb03/weddingrings.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d43/kristasjb03/tattooforhenry.jpg

No comments: