Wednesday, November 14, 2007

baby names, and pointless ramblings...

A number of people have asked me if we have names picked out yet for this new munchkin and the simplest answer is, kind of. The boy's name is down to 2 or 3different options, both of which honor our deceased Grandfathers---they are:
Donald James (my maternal and paternal grandfathers names)
Donald Judd (okay that one is really obvious)
Henry Donald (Barney's paternal grandfather who passed last year, and my maternal grandfather)

Girls names?!?! That is a whole different can of worms. I'm really not quite sure where it came from, but the name Evelyn Susanne is the latest girl's name that we like. I hope no one grows to attached to it, because if history repeats itself--every girl's name we have agreed on thus far in this pregnancy has been vetoed w/in about a week or 2 of its original acceptance.

I think the thing that I am most excited about with this pregnancy is that I will most-likely not be returning to work after the baby is born. It just doesn't seem to make sense financially at this point for us to do that-----but we'll see what happens when the baby is 10/12 weeks old. I am absolutely ecstatic about the possibility of being home to raise this baby, and continue to raise Justin and Ada Grace. I know that my aunt Donna loves them immensely, and I could not begin to ask for them to receive more love and better care than they have gotten from her---its just that I want to be the first one to see this baby crawl, walk, sit up, roll over. I want to hear his/her first words. I have wanted that with all of our children, it just wasn't possible financially until now.

I am officially out of the 1st trimester now, and starting to get some energy back now. THe only real symptom I'm having now is HORRIBLE sciatic nerve pain. I'm going to try something tomorrow that I never thought I would-----Acupuncture. I have known numerous people who have had great success with it, and quite frankly, the pain has been bad enough that I really believe if someone told me at this point that the only cure was standing on my head for the next 6 months, I'd try it.

Sometimes I look around at my life and have to pinch myself. I have been so blessed by God with a wonderful husband, and beautiful, healthy, happy children. Every now and then I catch myself asking God if I really deserve all of this? I mean, who grows up and gets everything they ever wished for---down to the right type of house. I always wanted a "cape cod" style house with a porch I could hang ferns from--guess I should have figured out how to keep them alive first, huh?!?!

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. This pregnancy is flying by, and in no time, I'm sure we'll be bringing home Baby #3. At that point, you may need to visit Barney and I in Dorothea Dix, but he or she will be TOTALLY worth it!!!

Thanks again for all of your love and concern!

Krista

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Hey Krista. The names you have chosen are great. Thanks for sharing them. Interestingly enough, Eric and I have talked about naming a little girl Suzanna if we ever manage to have another. I hope your nerve pain goes away. I had the same problem when I was expecting Ava, and one day right around month 5, she moved, and I was pain-free for the rest of the pregnancy. Strange. Thanks for sharing your blessing with us!