Friday, November 23, 2007

So much to be thankful for!

Well--yesterday was WONDERFUL!! Barney an I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year because, quite frankly, we have the most room to do so. Mom and Dad cooked the turkey, Kara made Nanny's noodles, and I did the corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and stuffing, and of course, Nana made the pumpkin pies!! It'll probably be the last time we do this for a while as it would be pretty tough to handle with 3 little ones running around!! I have been so blessed with a wonderful and supportive family that I can't even imagine my life without all of them.

I'm also very happy to report that my dad hasn't had a cigarette in 2 weeks!!! Most of you know that I have been extremely concerned for a very long time about Dad's smoking, but he's never quite been able to kick the habit until now! I believe he's been taking the new medication Chantix that came out not too long ago.

I'm going to say that even though everyone I know who claims to be able to predict the sex of this baby says its a girl. I've gone along with that prediction up until Wednesday---now I'm having my doubts. Justin's heart-rate all through my pregnancy was usually in the 140's or 150's. Ada Grace's was always in the 170's and 180's. I went for my check-up on WEdnesday and when the doctor found the baby's heartbeat I was concerned because it sounded very slow to me. His response, "nope--its perfect...in the 150s." I was kind of in shock. The big ultrasound to find out the sex is December 18, so we should know something then if the baby decides to co-operate.

Finally--I'm probably going to be a little out of touch over the next week or so. We are leaving after lunch on Sunday for Orlando! We are taking the kids to breakfast with goofy on Tuesday, then Sea World the same day. I think we are going to take them to Gatorland Zoo on Wednesday, and on Thursday night, we are taking them to the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I understand that this is an AMAZING Christmas celebration, that even includes snow on main street. I think Barney and I might be more excited about this trip than the kids are---but I know they will LOVE it! I'm hoping to get a picture of all of us with Mickey ears for Christmas cards. I'll also try to post some pics on here throughout the week!

Krista

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I can't wait to see the pics! Orlando is so much fun with kids. And about the heartbeat...from September to the middle of Dec. (less than a month before her birthday),the ultrasound tech told us he was 95% certain that Ava was a boy, and the entire time, my OB disagreed with him because of her heartrate. My OB was right, obviously, Ava is indeed a girl.