Monday, February 26, 2007

The joys of 2 sick children

Wow--what a weekend---

It all started Friday. We hve been having a problem with Justin not wanting to eat dinner--at all. So on Friday night when he asked for yogurt, "the blue kind", Barney and I cheerfully agreed----not even thinking about the fact that he had been running a low-grade temp since Thursday evening. Well, he got to the bottom of the yogurt cup, opened his mouth, and lets just say, "the blue kind" was no longer in his tummy. Most kids get upset about being sick--not justin, once he threw up, he was fine and said, "let's go play in bonus room". I've never seen anything like it.

Well, Saturday, I was supposed to work for 6 hours--but I was starting to feel a bit under the weather, and then I heard screaming and crying upstairs, and water running in the bath tub. I went up the stairs and the smell was overwhelming. Justin had blown out his diaper, out the sides, and into the bonus room carpet. WOW!!! When will he be potty-trained?!?!

Then, last night, Ada Grace was coughing in her sleep, then she would start crying. So, I ended up taking her downstairs and giving her a bottle with a splash of juice and mostly water. It seemed to make her throat feel better, because she quit coughing and fell asleep. She still wasn't breathing quite right, in my opinion, so I sat up and held her until she was breathing right, which was about 2:00 this morning. So--after about 3-4 hours of sleep, I'm here at work, with toothpicks in my eyes, and ready to fall asleep sitting up....

I always heard that having 2 kids was great until they both were sick at the same time--I now know why that is the case---this weekend was tough. There is nothing worse than your kids not feeling well and not being able to do anything to make it better!!!

No comments: