Friday, February 23, 2007

Justin's first cuss word

Well--its official, Justin has said his first cuss word.
Here's what I know, yesterday, while at my aunt Donna's house, he blurted out, "damn it" for no apparent reason. She asked him where he learned that and he said that he had learned it from Pablo, his favorite Backyardigans character. Now--I highly doubt that is the case, and in fact think it is much more likely that he heard it slip out of my mouth the other night when I said it.

Fact remains, I am counting my lucky stars that we got to nearly 3 before we uttered a cuss word, and I hope its a LONG time before we utter another one. If I hear it and he tells me Pable said it I'm going to stand both him an Pablo in the corner, then excuse myself to the other room to laugh a little.

Have a good Friday!
Krista

2 comments:

Eric said...

That's hilarious!!! Pablo said it.!!! That makes me laugh!

I remember When Lukas was 3 or 4 he got really mad at Kendra and she mad him go to his room. He slammed the door and yelled, "You're an asshole!!!"
Luckily the door was closed because Kendra and I couldn't hardly contain our laughter! It was so funny! Then there was the time I took him up to get dessert at Old Country Buffet and on the way back he cheerfully sang, "Daddy is an asshole! Daddy is an asshole!!!" I was so embarassed. I also thought it was hilarious.

Shari said...

Cute story Eric-that made me laugh...I asked Justin the other nite if Pablo had been good that day, and he said "Ses, he took a nap with Justin" He did not tell me he said bad words. Love everyones blogs,even the ones I see on a regular basis--But as my Mama says...."they did not suck it out of their thumb!!" (my kids did it too!!) Kara was only 15 months with her first, while we were playing cards with friends--got it from her daddy!!