Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Potty Training

Where to begin.....

As you all know, Justin will be 3 in June and we haven't really even begun potty training to speak of. I was first told to wait until he had words for both functions...which he now does.
Then I was told he had to know when he had done them, he does 90% of the time

I'm at a point where I'm sick of chaning diapers for him--call me crazy, but 3 yo poops, might as well be 6yo poops. and when a kid can say to you, "mommy, need clean diaper." and you tell them to finish dinner, and their response is, "no, mommy, can't, I pooped, I need a clean diaper"...its high time to potty train.

I decided when I had kids I wouldn't try to pressure them before they were ready, and my pediatrician who I love told me that kids don't go to kindergarten wearing diapers, but I'm starting to have my doubts.

So--this Friday, after work, I'm headed to babies-r-us to buy an elmo potty chair. I'm also going to buy some big boy pants and have decided I'm going to tell him that we are out of diapers and he's such a big boy that they don't make diapers big enough for him anymore. I figure that at 2 1/2 he doesn't have the power of reason to be able to say, "but mom, if that were true, why does the one you took off of me just now still fit?

If anyone has any advice, please feel free to share--I am more than open to advice!!!!!

No comments: